Tuesday, August 6, 2024

BIGFOOT

Dear friends, here is the work of art that I created for the CRYPTID ENCOUNTERS group exhibition at the Hive Gallery in Los Angeles! I had fun creating this piece. My favorite television show has always been, to this day, Unsolved Mysteries. So the topic of cryptid has always fascinated me. For this piece I painted a woodland scenery with our elusive monster lurking in the background, and for my inner frame I chose to create the iconic foot print that gave the Bigfoot its name. I sculpted the foot print in sculpey clay, framed it and mounted it on the canvas with heavy acrylic gel with staples on the back. It took a while for me to figure out my approach with this one but I am quite fond of the final product and I hope you like it too!
BIGFOOT
Acrylic on Stretched Canvas & Framed Sculpey Clay
11" x 14"
2024


Copyright (C) 2024 Pascal Leo Cormier. All Rights Reserved.


www.pascalleocormier.com

No comments: