Wednesday, June 21, 2023

The Tax Man

Dear friends, Here is my new painting, " The Tax Man"!

"The Tax Man
Acrylic on Stretched Canvas and Framed Canvas Panel
16" x 20"
2023

I am quite fond of it and it was a journey to make! While I had fun making it, I had a lot of struggles along the way! The clown was originally painted on unstretched, loose canvas and I had to glue it on a wood panel with acrylic medium, which turned out to be more complicated than I thought. The problem was that I painted the cloun before mounting the canvas on panel, then I had to cut the panel to the odd canvas size to fit and I had to glue it on straight without error. Since it was an odd size I had to made the frame for the clown myself with wood mouldings. Once the clown was glued to the board I realized that the whole process created some imperfections and I had to repaint the clown entirely. The balloons were much simpler but they took a lot of layers since the colours are very saturated and had transparence.

Obviously from the title, it is a political pieace, and I will not get too deep into politics here but I think it is self-explanatory. I went with the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) on the clown's tag because it is more universally known than the Canadian version CRA (Canadian Revenue Agency). I hope you enjoy it!

No comments: