Wednesday, November 22, 2023

NON FUNGIBLE HERESY

What the heck is am NFT?! The NFT craze slowly started in 2014 and for those who do not know what an NFT (Non Fungible token) is, it's a little bit hard to explain but essentially they are digital images that one can buy. They have a digital encryption in them that makes them traceable and can be made to have limited numbers. You can read a brief history of NFTs HERE. NFTs really became popular when Justin Bieber purchased one entitled "Bored Ape" for $1.3 Million in 2022 (it is now down to $60,000 in value). The art world is very strange and often confusing. Some people really got into NFTs while some of us did not. For me, I never got into it and I don’t quite get it. I like physical works of art that you put on your wall, but that’s just me! Whether you like NFTs or not, one of the problems with them is that it opened yet another big door for scammers. Countless artists, including myself, are being harassed weekly by scammers wanting NFTs of our artwork and it is getting overwhelming (you have to pay to have NFTs, that’s where they try to scam you).

In a protest to the entire world of NFTs, I created this piece, which features the Bored Ape that Justin Bieber purchased, in a frame on a wall, as the rest of us are simply trying to sell our real paintings to real people to hang on real walls. I hope you enjoy my piece!


www.pascalleocormier.com


© 2023 Pascal Leo Cormier. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: