Friday, July 28, 2023

Red Bird / Green Storm

COLLABORATION ARTWORK WITH KRISTAL KC!
I did a collaboration with my wife and I want to share it with you. About ten years ago or so, my wife Kristal KC painted this abstract work of art using a technique called String Pulling where you drag a string that's coated with paint across the canvas to give this interesting effect. She didn't quite know what to do with it because her work is mostly portraiture and this doesn't fit in, it was more of an experiment that ended up collecting dust. The painting followed her (and eventually me) around for years until I had an idea to collaborate with her and create one of my “art within art” pieces with it. We agreed to do this but it went on the back burner since I didn't quite know what to paint. After several months the idea came to me, simple: A Cardinal. We love it very much and it hangs in our entrance until someone decides that they want it in their home!
Red Bird/Green Storm
Acrylic and a frame on Stretched Canvas
22" x 30"
2023


Artwork Copyright (C) 2023 Pascal Leo Cormier. All rights reserved.

No comments: